Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Yield: 4 mugs
What you’ll need
1 Bottle of dry Red Wine
1 Cup of Rum
1 Lemon, sliced into rounds
2 Cinnamon Sticks
1 Star Anise
1 Spoon of Brown Sugar
For an even better cooking experience, please find some helpful gadgets here.
- Prep the juice. Take 5 of the oranges and roll them on a solid surface until you feel the flesh softening. Then cut them into half and squeeze the orange to remove the juice. Tip: Use this juicer.
- Mix and stir. Place all spices in a saucepan. Open the wine bottle (if you need some help with that, we got you!) and combine the wine with the freshly-squeezed orange juice.
- Add some Vitamin C. Cut the lemon and the remaining orange in half and slice into rounds. Add them to the saucepan.
- Heat up. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Don’t forget to toss occasionally with a wooden spoon. Tip: If you want to avoid nasty red wine spots on your kitchen surface, use a spoon mat.
- Enjoy! Pour the mulled wine into mugs. Feel free to garnish the drink with a cinnamon sticks or fruit slices.